Rawlinson Primary School Preparation for Online Teaching
(Plan for the worst, hope for the best.)
Cases of students / classes having to face periods of home isolation is unfortunately a real possibility. At RPS we are working at making sure that if this does eventuate the transition will be as stress free to all of us, parents, staff and students as possible.
Primary Schooling (K-PP, Years 1 – 2 and 3 – 6)
For primary school students, the ‘home school’ day will be significantly shorter than the usual school day.
Parents supervising their children at home need to be aware that students working in this mode will generally complete work tasks a lot faster.
As a result, students will generally only need two to three hours (excluding breaks) per day of directed activity. Please do not expect them to spend six hours on schoolwork.
Students will focus on literacy and numeracy in the morning and cover the other learning areas of the Australian Curriculum through integrated learning throughout the week.
Please consider the following:
- If need be, assist your child to follow the lesson timetable and curriculum content as provided by your classroom teacher.
- Remove any distractions that may stop them from focusing on and completing their work.
- Ensure there is a healthy balance between screen time and other activities; during their break times, avoid using their devices or technology. That could involve being outside or reading to them or your child reading to you.
- Encourage and support them to attempt all set work and ensure your child reads all feedback so that they can reassess their learning goals.
- If they are having difficulty understanding the task, try to assist them or encourage them to communicate regularly with their teacher.
- If you have a concern about their wellbeing please contact your class teacher or the school on 9345 6500.
Families that have indicated that they do not have internet connection or a device at home such as an IPad or Laptop, will be contacted by phone and asked, in the first week, to pick up a work package from school.